(noun) nonchalant absurdity with a dash of embarrassment.

(verb) to be shark bitten.

(adverb) in a manner that is nonchalantly absurd and embarrassing.


25 September 2010

Dumbo Arts Festival

There is a lot going on in DUMBO this weekend. Generally, not my neighborhood of choice, but I'm glad I made my way over there today. Some great art is to be seen. Walking around we stumbled upon a hilarious performance based on gladiators, water balloon fights, mimicry, and strangers. I walked by an illusionary, layered painting on screen that appears to be 3-dimensional. It was hanging from the ceiling of an unassuming building, simply a garage with it's door open---I didn't catch the artist's name, but the photo is below. UR NEW YORK participated in a painting battle at Gleason's Gym. The artists stood opposite sides of the boxing ring and after several 30 minute rounds they switched canvases and picked up where the other left off. Organized by Mighty Tanaka's Alex Emmart, I must admit the event and the concept of the event is one I'd like to see more of in the future. I love those boys, but I had to go...I was getting high off paint fumes. The Dumbo Arts Festival is going on through Sunday, September 26th.

Peep the photos below:







































































































bumblebee xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment