(noun) nonchalant absurdity with a dash of embarrassment.

(verb) to be shark bitten.

(adverb) in a manner that is nonchalantly absurd and embarrassing.


01 February 2011

Rememory: Implanted From an Image

Rememory: the ongoing reconciling of past with present; an environment of memory, an expansive sense of experience.


In Champion, 2009, David Drebin records a professional boxing match and grand space where it staged.

Boxing as subject matter, the ring as space. The latter phrase derives from the words LNY said to me a few months back: "The ideas as hub, the space as the nexus."

Back in October 2010, Ariel and I were planning to stage a one night art production at Gleason's Gym in Dumbo; here we were planning on installing art in three of the boxing rings, while the band would play in the fourth. It was epic in scale, but due to life and the frivolities of the art world this project never came to be. In hindsight I now realize Ariel and I were very ambitious in our goals with the lack of time that we had to install and deinstall the art. Simply put, we would have been in over our heads. I wish I could laugh about this with him now.

Although that specific project will not come into fruition, mostly referring to the locale, I am embarking on a project with several of the artists that were involved from the get-go: Biz Lynch, LNY, Reid Bingham of Hack Interactive, Joseph Wolf Grazi, and a new artist on the roster, Day Le.

Sarah Wolfson and I are planning a pop-gallery for late Summer 2011: a week long art production. I'll keep you updated as ideas grow.

bumblebee. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment